Sunday, January 12, 2014

Rag rug

I am not sure if this counts since I didn't get it from pinterest. I found it and pinned it myself. 

We are kind of pack rats in my house. My children have clothes, especially t-shirts, that they can't part with because they are so special. I have promised to make them each a quilt out of the clothes and give it to them for their mission or college. (Not sure which yet.) Anyway, this was taking up a lot of closet space, so I cut out pieces of the articles of clothing to save on storage. Now I only have 1 box instead of 2-3. After this I had a huge bag of left over t-shirt scraps and didn't want to throw them out. 

This is what I found. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/81275968249300452/ 

It was a fun, but time consuming project. In the end Andy, Marcus, Anneke and I all worked on it. I like how it turned out.
Front:
 Even the back doesn't look too bad.
Now Anneke wants me to make her one in pink, purple and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment